It's my Knight in shining armour coming to rescue me! Yes, please rescue me from this mountain of laundry and ever growing to-do lists!! Actually, I have been thinking about the topic of purity that was discussed by a few speakers at a conferance I recently attended. We homeschooling moms were reminded of the battle our young men and husbands face in reguarding purity. They are constantly bombarded by images from the TV (including commercials), magazines, billboards, etc. They are warriors in a battle everyday to keep their heart and mind pure by filtering what they allow in. Satan likes to pick on them because he knows that they are "visual creatures." Visually created for ONE woman, I might add. I have always had a passion and a heart for this topic. Oh, I could really get on my soapbox here! Seriously, I changed the name of our blog address to reflect the men (Warriors/Knights) in my life and me as their Maiden. Where there is a Knight there is a Maiden, right? I hope I am raising my sons to realize they are in a battle not just for themselves and their future wives but for the cause of Christ.
Thursday, April 14, 2011
Three Knights and a Maiden
It's my Knight in shining armour coming to rescue me! Yes, please rescue me from this mountain of laundry and ever growing to-do lists!! Actually, I have been thinking about the topic of purity that was discussed by a few speakers at a conferance I recently attended. We homeschooling moms were reminded of the battle our young men and husbands face in reguarding purity. They are constantly bombarded by images from the TV (including commercials), magazines, billboards, etc. They are warriors in a battle everyday to keep their heart and mind pure by filtering what they allow in. Satan likes to pick on them because he knows that they are "visual creatures." Visually created for ONE woman, I might add. I have always had a passion and a heart for this topic. Oh, I could really get on my soapbox here! Seriously, I changed the name of our blog address to reflect the men (Warriors/Knights) in my life and me as their Maiden. Where there is a Knight there is a Maiden, right? I hope I am raising my sons to realize they are in a battle not just for themselves and their future wives but for the cause of Christ.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So true!
ReplyDelete